Dear members and friends of Streitkultur Berlin e.V.,
it’s English Debate time again! From now on, we will hold English debates every three months.
On February 9th, at 7.30 pm in our favorite bar „en passant“ (Schönhauser Allee 58), we will debate the following motion:
„Should the catholic church abolish celibacy („Zölibat“) for its priests?“
Here are some links for preparation:
- Wikipedia: Clerical celibacy in the Catholic Church
- Deutsche Welle: German cardinal says priests should be allowed to marry
- Angelus: Three arguments in favor of celibate priesthood
The following COVID-rules apply in the „en passant“-bar:
- 2G+ (official antigen test necessary no older than 24 hours unless boostered).
- It is obligatory to wear an FFP2-mask at all times while not drinking (not just surgical masks!).
- The distance rules apply, so we try to spread out more in the room.
- The windows will be opened from time to time to ensure good ventilation.
- Disinfectant is provided, also at the speaker’s desk.
- We keep a contact list of all participants.
With all these measures in place, we safeguard our best possible protection. We are looking forward to welcoming you and have a great evening together!
With kind regards
in the name of Streitkultur Berlin e. V.